Subject: Hey, y'all! rec.games.abstract is here! irk your sysops to get it!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1992 13:45 EST

Okay, okay, too many !'s. anyway, see if you can't get rec.games.abstract for
your newsgroup files. Unfortunately, I seem to be the only one on there. I was
so excited when I saw that we got it (I had heard of its attempt to become a
newsgroup) that I posted right away to ask some questions. It turned out I was
the first poster. Since then (2-3 week of October?) No one has posted anything.
Nothing! I really hope that Earlham College isn't the only school/group/etc.
that gets rec.games.abstract, but I have seen no one else. Spread the word!
        Anyway, one of the things I mentioned was that I, with the help of
another Abalone player/VAX user, developed a way of playing over email. I would
be interested in showing you how it works. Quite simple. Maybe I should just
show you all sometime.
        Another thing was/is that I am interested in finding any computer
Abalone game, particularly for IBM+compatibles. I remember how one person said
he was going to create one for his class, but are there any
shareware/commercial versions out yet?
        Thank you for your time.

                                                Aaron G. Stock

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael P. Frank)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 92 15:57:00 EST

Arron,

Michael Gilbert <[email-masked]>, who is on the Abalone
list and occasionally reads his email, represents a company that has
made a commercial PC version of Abalone.  More info below.

------- Start of forwarded message -------
From: Michael Gilbert <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Computer Abalone
Date: 28 May 92 15:22:41 EDT

yes there will a pc Version of Abalone coming out soon.  This version 
presently runs in Windows 3.0 or 3.1.  You must have a supervga card and
the capability of displaying 256 colors.  The graphics are VERY high end
with a nice user interface (some say it looks better than the real board)
If more information is needed call me at 609-871-7741 between 5pm and
11:30pm EST..

------- End of forwarded message -------

-Mike