Subject: Abalone mailing

From: [email-masked] (Michael P. Frank)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 92 17:41:41 EDT

Abalone enthusiasts,

I have just added some people to the Abalone mailing list:

     Jonathan Roy <[email-masked]>
     Andreas Thurnherr <[email-masked]>

Also, I have a couple of announcements:

1. To add or remove yourself from the abalone mailing list, send
    mail to the list maintainers (me) at [email-masked]'.
    Don't send such requests to the main 'abalone' list.  (I get
    several mailing lists whose volume consists of 90% "add me" and
    "remove me" messages.  Not fun.)

2. I am going to call the American Federation of Abalone tomorrow to
    try to find out what their policy is, regarding people writing
    and giving away non-commercial computer implementations of
    Abalone.  If I get their permission, I will set up our MIT
    Abalone-playing program for anonymous FTP, and all of us can
    feel free to exchange Abalone-playing code.

Also, to try to get some activity going on this list, I will begin to
periodically send out mailings, in which I will open a discussion on
some interesting aspect of Abalone.  Everyone should feel free to make
their own comments and send them to the list.  This is not a moderated
mailing list.

-Mike

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 92 23:58:54 +0200

>    feel free to exchange Abalone-playing code.

I'll do the same with my program. If the American assoc allows it, 
then probaly they will have checked with the French inventors.

- Andreas