Subject: Re: Olympiad

From: [email-masked] (Michael P. Frank)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 92 21:58:04 EDT

Unfortunately, I can't make the Computer Olympiad this year as I will
be on vacation in Florida.  Possibly someone else (Carl, Mark, Ron?)
could present our program.

I'll try to find the Computer Go articles, and I'll send mail to
Martin Muller about the Smart Game Board.

Barney.Pell> 1. I suggest you use @ for black, and O for white stones,
Barney.Pell> just like we do in GO.  ('+' is good for marking grid
Barney.Pell> points, so isn't use as a stone marker).

Ok; I suppose it would be good to follow convention.

Barney.Pell> 2. I'd like to see an X-Abalone program, an IAS (internet
Barney.Pell> abalone server), and XIAS (the x interface to that
Barney.Pell> server).

Barney, what do you mean by the IAS?  A server that would allow people
all over the internet to connect up and play Abalone against random
other people?  Perhaps you could tell us more details.

Thanks,
-Mike