Subject: Newbie Question

From: [email-masked] (Sean Mattingly)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1993 11:31:49 -0400 (EDT)

I'm one of the mentioned new people on the list, so please bear with
any redundant questions.  

  Does anybody out there know of a network abalone for UNIX/X?
It doesn't have to be anything fancy....just something to let me play
against other people.  

Also, is this mailing list essentially for discussion of abalone playing
programs, or abalone in general?

-- 
     Sean Mattingly               | "At least we can hope, what else do
The Lone Republican               |  we need?"
(Who was that masked man?)        | _Mining the Oort_
[email-masked]                  |  by Frederik Pohl

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael P. Frank)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 93 14:25:35 EDT

> It doesn't have to be anything fancy....just something to let me play

I don't know of any... for a while I was thinking of making one using
the TclTcp package for Tcl and using Tk to do the graphics... It would
be pretty easy.  Maybe I'll still do it sometime.

> programs, or abalone in general?

I would say that both are fine.

-Mike
   , ,                       __               [email-masked]
  /|/| .  _ |_   _   _  |   |_  _  _  ,_  |,  Clinical Decision-Making Group
 / | | | (_ | | (_| (-' |   |  |  (_| | | |\  MIT Lab for Computer Science