Subject: Re: Problems

From: Jonathan Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1992 00:21:12 -0700

- they want to see the program before giving permission to distribute
 - it... I asked them what it was they wanted to know about it.  The
 - guy didn't know, but he said he would put me in contact with the
 - head honcho himself later this week so that I can talk to him about
 - it... 
 
LAME! Talk about trying to stop progress... There are LOTS of chess
programs out there, but they don't hurt the sales of commercial
programs. Ask them if you'd have to send along each and every
improvement the game, for them to "validate:. :) Do they even have a
UNIX system to run the software on? Sigh.

I just don't see how having some Abalone-AI discussion on the networks, and 
getting some competition at the Computer Olympiad (Which woould increase
the awareness of Abalone, at least slightly) would hurt the board
game sales!

Sheesh. 

Just shoot them all. :)